AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call Tracking Responsive website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I'm adding call tracking on my website (using Google forwarding numbers) which is responsive website.

which option do i choose:

1-Calls from ads using call extensions or call-only ads

2-Calls to a phone number on your website

3-Clicks on your number on your mobile website

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Khoren P
February 2016

Re: Call Tracking Responsive website

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Khoren P

Okay, so I would consider using both 1 and 2.  3 should technically already work with your responsive site when implementing 2.

1 is a matter of setting up a call extension and selecting the use of a Google forwarding number.

2 is a matter of completing 1 and then setting up website call tracking which will rewrite your real number on the fly to a Google forwarding number.  2 is a bit more complicated. Specific details and a video can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883?hl=en

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Khoren P

What are the goals of your campaign? You can technically use more than one option, but it's all relative to the goals.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
the goal is to track phone calls to local business on their landing page. 20sec will be considered a lead.the site is responsive.
will set days to 60 days.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Khoren P
February 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

@Khoren P

Okay, so I would consider using both 1 and 2.  3 should technically already work with your responsive site when implementing 2.

1 is a matter of setting up a call extension and selecting the use of a Google forwarding number.

2 is a matter of completing 1 and then setting up website call tracking which will rewrite your real number on the fly to a Google forwarding number.  2 is a bit more complicated. Specific details and a video can be found here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883?hl=en