AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. 

I want to know if I may add the same phone number in two different call extensions under the same campaign, but, giving Mobile Preference to only one of them. 

Is there any difference? Should I just have one but with the Mobile Preference activated? May I have that variant? 

I do this question because I've been reading about Call Extensions and Google says that it triggers the call extensions with Mobile Preference option activated more than the ones without the option. Anyway, I would like to have both options to trigger that extension in all devices. 

Thanks in advance. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Call Extensions

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Maleja,

Good question.

You could use the same phone number in two different call extensions and give Mobile Preference to one of them.

That said, I'm not aware of any positive impact that would have on performance. Can you send me a link to the Google resource you're referencing that says that Google is more likely to show a call extension if Mobile Preference is selected? I'd be very interested to see that.

Thanks!

John
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Maleja Z
September 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Remember that call extensions is primarily for mobile phones. This is the goal. You don't need two extensions; though technically you can set them, they will compete.
I personally set one extension and keep mobile preferences.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe. Thanks so much for your answer. It totally makes sense.