AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Call Extension Shows My Number Instead Of Google Forwarding Number

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried creating call extensions with the option "Google Forwarding Number" option checked, but when I tried viewing my Ad in Ad preview tool it shows my own number. How can I track people who sees the ad and calls with out clicking my Ad? If the Google Forwarding Number is displayed, people calling to that number will be rerouted to my number and it will be recorded as call conversion in Adwords conversions.

When I tried contacting Google Support, they said that the particular Ad Group should get a minimum number of clicks for the Google Forwarding number to show instead of my own number. 

Is there a solution to show Google Forwarding number in Call Extension of my ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rajkumar R
January 2017

Re: Call Extension Shows My Number Instead Of Google Forwarding Number

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Rajkumar,

All extensions are displayed at Google's discretion. Ultimately it comes down to what gets the most clicks / conversions, and how much space Google wants to allocate to ads.

While Google has stated that call extensions require a certain number of clicks before they start showing, there are bound to be other factors involved that we are unaware of.

However, Google is (generally) on your side with this - they want conversions to be recorded, as they give AdWords users more confidence that they are getting a return from their ad spend.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Which country /city you are targeting? India? If yes it is not available in India.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am targeting United Kingdom

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Ads with low traffic: Google forwarding numbers may not show with desktop ads if your ad group isn’t getting a minimum number of clicks in a four-week period. Your business phone number will be shown in that case. (There’s no minimum requirement for ads on high-end mobile devices.)

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I got more that 300 clicks in the last 30 days.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
In the Preview tool, try choosing mobile searches instead of desktop.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In mobile searches the mobile numbers will not be displayed right? If a user from Desktop calls the number without clicking my Ad, how can I track my call conversion?

If Google is not displaying the Forwarding Number for call extensions, then why do they have that option while creating the Ad Extension?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rajkumar R
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Rajkumar,

All extensions are displayed at Google's discretion. Ultimately it comes down to what gets the most clicks / conversions, and how much space Google wants to allocate to ads.

While Google has stated that call extensions require a certain number of clicks before they start showing, there are bound to be other factors involved that we are unaware of.

However, Google is (generally) on your side with this - they want conversions to be recorded, as they give AdWords users more confidence that they are getting a return from their ad spend.