AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords Web Interface Keep Crashing on my iPad Air 2

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi does anyone encounter this before? The web interface is keep crashing on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox and I bought the tablet so I can have it with me when I leave the office but so far is almost useless for me. I would really appreciate if someone could share a fix to this if they ever encounter such like this.

Thank you,

Dragos

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dragos,

Yes, this happens to me all the time. The web interface is absolutely HUGE and I cannot get it to work properly on a low powered device. 

If your web browser is on a low spec machine, it's likely going to struggle there too. 

The best advice I can offer is to make sure your cache is clear before opening so that it can load the interface completely and of course, download and use AdWords Editor when possible. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Dave thank you for your answer. 
Is strange because is working on my phone (S6 Edge) without any issues and on the iPad Air 2 isn't ...
I'm using an MCC account to connect to all accounts I'm managing. This is frustrating because that was the main reasons I bought an iPad and not a lower end tablet ...

Anyway, I've disconnected my user from Chrome, clear my cache use only one tab and not having multiple tabs and the problem seems to not occur so often but is not usable when you want to make some changes ...

Dave thank you for your time.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dragos,

I feel your pain. That you can open it on your S6 is really remarkable. On my Note 4 it takes about 3 minutes to load from the MCC. It takes me about 7 minutes in total to change something on the web interface on mobile or on a low end netbook. 

There is some good news though. The AdWords app has gone from strength to strength. For Android, you can find it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.adwords&hl=en

For iOS, it's on the play store. 

The bad news is that while the app is super fast and beautiful, it's NOT a mobile AdWords editor. It's mainly a reporting app. You can change budgets, pause and resume and use the opportunities feature, but that's it. It's enough for working on the go. 

Not that it's much use to you, but I also managed to get AdWords editor installed on an Ubuntu install on my tablet. It uses wine, a kind of virtualization application. I know NOTHING about iOS or Macs so it may be something you can investigate too. 

That's pretty much all the ideas I have for now. 

Hope that's given you some food for thought. Sorry it's not the answer(s) you were looking for.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dave thank you again. 
For me is hard to believe the device cannot handle a web page ... I think is something that is interfering with this and I don't know what ...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes. Google please take $10M and fix this nagging annoying incessant recurring well-known problem. We need to work on a tablet. Its not 2005. Time to re-invest in your advertiser community.