AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

About Radius Targeting — Both Local an call free phone numbers Call extensions, Not sure ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a campaign with a Radius targeting of 350 miles around the business location (Montreal) - Go as far as Toronto & New York

54% of the Adwords clicked come from mobile phones.

I added a “Call Extension” with a Toll free number  (1 866 xxx-xxxx) that  saddly do not work locally (Montreal).

They have also a Local (514 xxx-xxxx) Montreal number.

Curiously, when I edit my “Call Extension”  (1 866 xxx-xxxx) — I Can see that  (514 xxx-xxxx) number, with a one (1) (for long distance) in the front (1-514 xxx-xxxx) that say “Added by AdWords and mobile (Probably added at the creation of the account?)

What I really want to do is to have viewer outside the local area to click the Toll Free (1 866 xxx-xxxx) and the Local (Montreal & surrounding) to have the  (514 xxx-xxxx) number. Like that it will be no charge to all viewers and they will all have a functional “Call button

Possible , Not Sure how to work the problem?

I will also ask the Cable Network/phone provider to the business if they can add a automatic redirect on the toll free number to the local number if dial locally (Probably possible ?)

1 Expert replyverified_user

About Radius Targeting — Both Local an call free phone numbers Call extensions, Not sure ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't think you have control of that. Google assigns a local number or a toll free number based on the user physical  location. You cannot choose a number based on your own preferences.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

"I added a “Call Extension” with a Toll free number (1 866 xxx-xxxx) that saddly do not work locally (Montreal)."

Why not? When you say they don't work, what is the specific issue you are having?

"Curiously, when I edit my “Call Extension” (1 866 xxx-xxxx) — I Can see that (514 xxx-xxxx) number, with a one (1) (for long distance) in the front (1-514 xxx-xxxx) that say “Added by AdWords and mobile” (Probably added at the creation of the account?)"

I haven't come across that myself. I'm in the US and don't have any Canadian clients though... How do you have your call extensions setup? Call tracking, mobile preference, etc.

"What I really want to do is to have viewer outside the local area to click the Toll Free (1 866 xxx-xxxx) and the Local (Montreal & surrounding) to have the (514 xxx-xxxx) number."

Like @MosheTLV alluded to, depending on your setup, this may already be the case. In terms of what the end user sees and interacts with. Maybe we could help you figure this out if you could provide a screen shot of the call extension setup?

Tom