AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

About Mobile APP Installs ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I created 4 campaigns of Mobile App installs ads including some different images (.gif). At first I started with Manual CPC bid strategy but then the ads only show on youtube.com/xxxxxx placement. I use the Placement & interest targeting, but without AdWords automaticaly find new customers. Then I transfer it to CPA bid strategy, but there is no impression after that. Could anyone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: About Mobile APP Installs ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Owen,

If you switched the same campaign from manual CPC to target CPA bidding, the target CPA may be set by you to a low value. If you created a new campaign for CPA bidding, it may be recommended that it should accrue at least 30 conversions in the past 30 days, so the machine learning algorithms can rely on a proper set of data.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you for your reply, Lakatos.

But my problem is why my "Moble App Install" TYPE ads showing on Youtube.com. Because I choose them only showing in GOOGLE PLAY APPS.

About Mobile APP Installs ads

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Owen, this is verbatim what you asked in your original post.

"Then I transfer it to CPA bid strategy, but there is no impression after that. Could anyone help?"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Lokatos

I am so sorry for my unclear description. My problem is when I created a campaign which ads in it showed in mobile apps only. But when the traffic come, all the ads showed at websites placement. To solve this problem, I switched the CPC bid to CPA, but the impressions of campaign turned to 0.

So your answer solved the problem of 0 impression, but do not mentioned the PLACEMENT issue.

Hope you can understand it this time.

Thank you for your reply anyway.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Owen G,

Your words sounds a bit disturbing. My working assumption is that what you are running is a Display Network only - Mobile app installs campaign. In case it is the stats you see after selecting Display Network / Placements should be something like this.

Capture-oct9a.PNG

Please notice how all impressions and clicks originate from All Apps > Google Play, and not from YT.

In the last post you say: "I created a campaign which ads in it showed in mobile apps only" which is in contradiction to your saying "I use the Placement & interest targeting" in the first post. As you see in above snip, if only Google Play targeting is selected, it will entirely fall under the Placements tab and not under the Interests & remarketing tab. My best guess is that you also selected something that falls under the Interests & remarketing tab and that's what caused the issue you are complaining about.

Best,

Lakatos