Small Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

ways to increase sales in my restaurant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, so my mom opened this restaurant with no experience, no research, and only enough to  open not to maintain for at lease 3-6 months, now everything is pay check to pay check. sales are low and its driving me nuts, cus there is not enough for local radio promotion. helppppp

2 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

I have worked on a few campaigns for high-end restaurants, and gauging the success is very difficult. My gut instinct is that they lost money in the short term from AdWords, but possibly gained in the long-term from brand exposure and return visits.

I cannot see how AdWords can help a small restaurant. Make sure you have a Google My Business listing, and if you think advertising is the answer, consider more traditional ways like print newspaper ads and sandwich boards and leaflet drops.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Great Flavor R,

I agree with Rob... and I also manage advertising for businesses in your industry. 

With that said, I would advise that you do not spend your last bit of operating costs on advertising. You need to get connected locally and rather fast.

I wrote a resourceful expert article for Google Partners that is geared towards advertising agencies but the information works for any business in any industry that located anywhere in the world.

The article is called Marketing Your Agency, if you decide to take a look. This comes from over 25 years of business experience and will help you.

I will be moving your thread to the Google My Business community (next door), since it is not about AdWords... and you will be able to access just the same. This will also allow others that focus on small businesses to possibly add more to this discussion.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: ways to increase sales in my restaurant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello. thank you so much. it helped a lot. have a great evening.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello J. Thank you i will take a look at it. thank you very much.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This helped a lot, thank you. 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Please check these two links:- https://developers.google.com/my-business/

https://maps-apis.googleblog.com/2017/04/introducing-structured-menus-in-google.html--

This one will definitely help in restaurant business.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. 

The best thing for you to do is get really submerged in the community. Drop off coupons or free app coupons to other local businesses such as the pet shelter, car dealerships, etc. Look for ways to volunteer at events on behalf of the restaurant. I've even seen businesses host Pokemon stops and they got some exposure that way too. I'm not sure if Pokemon is still a hype but something along those lines. Also, make sure you staff is performing at it's best and there isn't an issue internally.