Small Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Stand Out with Online Reviews

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

It's never too early to get ahead of the back-to-school rush. Is your small business ready to stand out with reviews? Learn more here.

g-gsbc-school supplies (2).gif

How is your small business gearing up for back-to-school shoppers? Leave your tips and tricks in the comments below. 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Stand Out with Online Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I don't understand this section, on the subject of reviews I would figure there would be a lot more room for content than what's here.

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi @Anthony L,

What do you mean? We've got a bit of content around reviews coming over the next couple of weeks. We'd love to hear any tips and tricks you have regarding reviews for your business!

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi @Anthony L

Like @LizzP mentioned, we'll be adding more content here about online reviews and how to make them work for your small business. Did you see our latest piece about responding to reviews? Check back for more tips this week and next!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of the ways we've always generated great reviews is to check with customers if they are happy with the work we've completed. When they are not happy we do everything we can to make certain they are happy with the work we've completed. At this point or initial happiness, we mention that reviews help our business as much as theirs. We'd appreciate any reviews online that they'd leave us online and as always we're only a phone call away if they should need anything.

Since we work in a business to business model this may not work as well for customers. We also set up email campaigns for clients which send out an email asking if they'd recommend using the business we're working with to their friends. If they would not we alert the business so that they can be on top of any issues which may result in a bad review. If they had a good experience we do a short survey and at the end provide a link if they'd wish to leave a review on the platforms the client wants to generate positive reviews with.

I think the underlying message would be to pay attention to your customers as much as possible. Review systems inherently create the dynamic that an unhappy customer is much more likely to leave a review than a happy one. By staying engaged with your customer base you can generate many more positive reviews while staying on top of any bad experiences from your customers. 

Many of the same tactics on my personal websites blog on how to generate more referrals for your business also apply here. http://anthonylimpert.com/how-to-generate-more-referrals

Being assumptive in conversations with customers and engaging them with questions to identify how your business can better serve are some basic tactics I would recommend using. 

Good luck generating positive reviews, they can make or break a business in our digital age.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Excellent insight, @Anthony L -- we totally agree. I know that as a consumer, I rely on reviews for probably 90% of the spending decisions I make, whether it be a product I'm buying or a restaurant I'm planning to try for dinner. I'm always surprised to see so many negative reviews that go seemingly unnoticed by business owners. However, I'm also very impressed when I see that a business owner has taken the time to respond to such concerns. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!