Small Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Someone is using my website in their business listing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Brandon,

How do I get a response to a legal matter in relation to an individual creating a business listing using my website yet hiding her mobile number under the Google call button and redirecting all public calls for a number of years. I have survived on recommendations in that period. I'm having a real problem with getting assistance and this case is with the police on the basis of Cyber fraud.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New to the Community? Introduce Yourself.

Google Small Business Advisor
# 2

@Siobhain C - sorry to hear about what you're going through. Let me do a little research and see how we can get this fixed for you.

# 3

@Siobhain C - may you please share the business name, URL, or business listing so that I can reference that.

Re: New to the Community

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Id appreciate the help, if you want more info I have an extortionate amount
of evidence.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
www.apspsychotherapyandcounselling.co.uk, Google amended the listing in March upon my request, but the listing was not created by myself, but by this other individual so it is under her email address. So now the listing looks appropriate, but I need the email address it was created under for the police prosecution. I am happy to provide the police details and reference Num if required. This has cost me 1.6 million pounds in lost earnings, and part of the business failed totally based on Joe public pressing the CALL button on the listing and the call going straight to her business!

# 6

@Siobhain C - what's the link (URL) to the fake business listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google have in the past few days removed the listing so I don't have the URL, but they've also suspended my entire account now. I know the police are communicating with Google but other than other companies listing me on their sites I have no listings whatsoever now. Help!!!

# 8

@Siobhain C - I've tagged @Brielle B as she may be better to forward you to the proper person at Google that can help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Google just keep telling me they can't help me, my listings are suspended
due to inappropriate content. I ask them what's wrong, but they ignore me.
Up until this woman was discovered in what she had done, I had no problems
with my listings except of course the redirection of calls which has
destroyed part of my business. since she's been reported they've basically
shut all mine down, won't give me an explanation and I think something is
going on in the background between the fraud squad and Google. Ironically
the other woman's listings are still live for her business. Any help would
be appreciated as I'm totally lost and it's costing me money every day. Smiley Sad
thank you Brendan though. I do appreciate your help.

Google Employee
# 10
Google Employee

Hi, @Siobhain C, I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing! Have you submitted a reinstatement request for the suspended business page? Ideally, if it is able to be reinstated, you should be able to request ownership of the page. Check out this page, which leads to the reinstatement request form:

In order to claim ownership of this business listing, you can follow the steps detailed here:

I assume since this person has been uncommunicative in the past, you'll want to follow the steps detailed under, "Can't contact the current listing owner."

I've reached out to someone on the Google My Business team to see if there's other solutions to this issue. I appreciate your patience and understanding as I try to find out more!