Simple Video Creation Tips for Your Business[ Edited ]
June 2016 - last edited June 2016 by Brielle B
Simple Video Creation Tips for Your Business
According to Forrester, a video is valued at 1.8 million words.
But what does it take to create one?
Videos allow you to showcase your expertise, give your customers a behind-the-scenes peek at how your business runs or provide tips they can use on a daily basis. But each of these videos require a solid plan, the right equipment and a few simple considerations during the actual filming.
After you decide what kind of video you’re filming, the next step is to decide:
- Who is going to be in it?
- What will you say?
- Where will the filming take place?
- Which shots do you want to include?
- How long will the final video be?
Tip: Best practice for video length is between 15 seconds and 3 minutes.
With just a few simple items, you can make quality videos to keep your customers engaged and coming back:
- Your smartphone and the Director app.
- A tripod to keep your shots steady and clear.
- A quality microphone that you can plug in to your phone’s audio jack to capture quality audio.
You have your plan and you’re ready to shoot. Keep these in mind during the filming:
- Don’t neglect your audio. Pay attention to background noise.
- Watch your footage before you leave to make sure your sound is good and you caught everything.
- Get shots with some depth -something going on in the foreground and background, as well as a variety of angles.
Even the simplest video shot on a smartphone needs a little editing:
- Keep track of what you’re shooting by taking simple notes as you go.
- Your edits should reflect your original plan.
- If your audio and video don’t match up, use the audio as voice-over along with other extra footage you have.
- Watch your video on your phone and computer to double-check for anything you’d like to add or take out of the final version.
Originally published April, 2014
Re: Simple Video Creation Tips for Your Business