Small Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Search Engine Optimization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I wanted to inquire on how to go about adding my business as a  Maps search result for a specific area (ex. if you Google Marina Del Rey, the pin will fall on the business). And how much would such an option cost?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Engine Optimization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
There is no cost associated with this.

When you create your business page >> https://www.google.com/business/

You add the businesses address, the PIN marker corresponds with the address.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that, what I am actually inquiring about is how to have the pin land on my business when someone searches the name of my area, without a specific address.

ex. In Los Angeles, if you type the city name Playa Pacific in the Maps search bar, the pin lands on the business Keller Williams

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
If you are set to a Service Area Map with no Physical Address they will find you via GPS within mobile and Zipcode information from your Internet Service Provider and or Location information from within the Chrome Browser on Desktop if they search in that area for what you offer, you have the opportunity to pop up in what is known as the 3 pack listing with others.

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

Hello @AlexM,

Great question. In Addition to the excellent advice shared by @Tim Capper and @williamrock 

Claim your Google My Business listing, which feeds into Google Maps and Google Plus
Optimize your business for the snack pack.

Some other considerations to optimize your business for local to rank with the organic search without a website include:

Other free options would be to use YouTube and record a short video about your business and include your location and type of company you own.

This way when someone does a generic search for "real estate Playa Pacific" your YouTube video has an opportunity to show up in organic local search.

You might also consider posting to your Google + using the same method.

Other things to consider boosting your local snack pack rank:

1) Use Google and Social Reviews
2) Update and claim all of your off page business listing directories (300+), NAP (Name, Address, Phone) - Accuracy of this information is extremely important.
3) Make sure all 4 major data centers have your current information
4) Market your business using social media, while this may not impact your Google search results it will help increase brand awareness across social media.