Small Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Review #3: How would you respond to this customer review?

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Negative reviews happen. Here's how we'd suggest responding to the customer and addressing the issue. Learn how to make online reviews work for your small business. 

review-reveal_Artboard 3 copy 3 (1).png

If your small business gets a negative review, don't ignore the complaint. What would be your response to this customer review?

3 (2).png

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Review #3: How would you respond to this customer review?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Small Biz Customer: we are sorry the weather prevented us from accomodating your request to dine outside. While we love offering patio dining service, we must first look after the safety of our customers which means we need to suspend patio dining during times of inclement weather. We hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again and that the weather will be ideal for dining outside.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I apologize for any inconvienience that may have caused you and your party. Did you ring and book with us beforehand?? Maybe we should of informed you when you rang the restaurant, otherwise we do apologize again that the weather had affected the availabilty of our outdoor dining area that we advertise. 

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Small Biz Customer, we apologize for the inconvenience, in order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience to our customers during  ___weather event___ we  had to unfortunately close our outdoor patio. We want to invite you this coming weekend (98% clear skies) to enjoy our outdoor patio with a complimentary bottle of wine. Please give us a call to accept this invite we hope you will take the opportunity to visit us again. Sincerely, Sebastian D, General Manager.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is a disappointing feeling expecting to enjoy our atmosphere and mother nature steps in. Let's hope that on your next visit the weather is great so that you and others are able to enjoy our patio and total food experience. And remember that isn't the great area in our restaurant. We provide 5 different dining experiences on 3 floors. When come back ask the for a quick tour our entire restaurant. It our pleasure in providing a different, exciting, and relaxing dining experience.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

@Brent D, great response. I think it's important to point out that allowing customers to sit outside in a storm is a safety and liability issue. If I was that customer, I would appreciate the transparency and the business owner's interest in staff and customer safety.

@Sebastian D, that response looks spot on! I like that the GM did their homework and checked on the weather to invite the customer back on a sunnier day, free wine included. 

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee

Outstanding responses, everyone! This can be a tough scenario to respond to simply because, of course, the business owner knows that they are not at fault for inclement weather. However, I think the irate customer would still appreciate the apology and understanding that, despite a scenario that is completely out of the business' control, their experience at the establishment was less than optimal.

I especially like @Sebastian D's forward invitation to the customer. Checking the weather for the upcoming weekend is a great touch! I know I'd appreciate a business owner taking that extra time to ensure that I'll likely have a better experience the second time around.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I was going to write a response, but @Sebastian D nailed it. Great job, sir.