Small Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Requests for GMB reviews-best practice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

My webmaster recently informed that my GMB page was poorly set up and vastly underutilized. Egad! As part of rounding it out I was considering asking my >2000 client list for reviews. I reviewed the best practice info on GMB and found a recommendation to "Remind your customers to leave reviews"

Another GMB page suggested best practices for requesting reviews and I am in compliance by not offering incentives or setting up a kiosk in our business.

So my question...If my GMB listing receives a lot of reviews suddenly, will the reviews be blocked? Will it negatively affect my page ranking? Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Requests for GMB reviews-best practice

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Phillip

Getting a large number of reviews in a short period of time can trigger Google's review algorithm, so it is best to do a slow and steady outreach program, rather than hitting all your clients immediately.

I'd break the list up into smaller groups and pace your requests over a few months to minimise any potential triggers.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Philip,

I understand your concern and can assure you that if you get multiple reviews from your customers Google won't block or delete review unless they violate any Google Review Policy.

To know more about policies Click Here 

Please Remember always avoid asking your customer to leave reviews from your office premises or while using your WiFi connection as this can lead to removal of all the posted reviews.

Thank you

Google Small Business Advisor
# 4
Google Small Business Advisor

@Phillip S - similar to what @PriyaC shared... just make sure the reviews are consistent, that they happen over time, and have a natural flow to them, and you won't have any issues.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tahir,
The prior response on the forum led to 3-4 hours of work segmenting the
mailing list for longer term delivery of review requests. I have reviewed
the policies and am in compliance on all counts so am optimistic that the
upcoming reviews should be well received. Thanks again.

--
*Phillip Snell, DC*
< This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines. Please note that the Guidelines ask that you do not use your use your signature for self-promotion. >