Small Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Removal of a 404 from an Old Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there!

I have an issue where I am helping a company get ranked on Google. They had their location linked to their Google+ account. However, recently that account's page appears as a 404 and it unlinked from their account. That isn't the issue. We've asked for a verification card and should re-verify it soon and reset the account and location pages. 

The issue is with the old listing- It appears on a Google search, but gives a 404 that we can do nothing about. We have no idea what email it's linked to and have no access to it. Is there some department at Google that can be contacted about researching and or removing this bad link? 

It's the first option under the search query: "JL Ray roofing Google+"

(The bad link) https://plus.google.com/102704806089130305538

Thanks in advance,

~B.R.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removal of a 404 from an Old Account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If the Google plus page has been deleted and a 404 error is showing then this should go away once to Google search database updates and drops the link to the deleted page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would hope so! Unfortunately, it's been that way for two weeks and change. Is there any particular timeline for the database updates, by chance?

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Brandon R

I would think it should happen pretty soon.  It's important to understand that Google search is comprised of 100s of different data centers and it can take a few weeks for them to sync up on things like this.  I honestly wouldn't worry about it because it only appears when "Google+" is in the query.  I'm confident that legitimate consumer queries would not include that.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, gentlemen. You've been a great help.