Small Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

REG: Suggestion On Marketing Using Email Id & Phone Number

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have my clients mail id & phone numbers what can be done by this...

Please let me know the marketing strategies to promote my business.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

You could establish an email list and send them product notices and updates about sales and such.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Thirush S

If you are sending out an email campaign as @MikeJohnston suggested, it's very important to always get permission from these customers before you send. Never assume you have permission, and when in doubt, get confirmation. If you don't conform with the above, you may be in violation of the anti-spam act.

There is a good article on this from Mailchimp here and another one from Campaign Monitor here.

(Incidentally, both Mailchimp and Campaign Monitor are excellent platforms to use for sending out email campaigns).

Assuming that you do have permission to send to your list, then it's good to start by:

1. Cleaning up the list (remove duplicates, check for formatting errors)

2. Segmenting the list if possible (and definitely segment if it's a large list)

3. Creating meaningful, personalised and timely content to get the best results

Email lists can still be highly effective, but the opposite can be true if there is little thought given to the purpose of the campaign and the people receiving your emails. The old 'blast and hope for the best' approach really doesn't work any more Smiley Happy 

If you want to take a step further and for a real deep-dive into email marketing, I recommend Hubspot's free email marketing certification course. Some great content and tips in there and best practices to adhere to.