Small Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Promoting my wifes Kickstarter? Any good ideas to share?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

My wife started a Kickstarter and we are trying to find different ways in which we can promote it. We've posted to a few google groups, facebook, twitter and so forth. Any other avenues we might be missing?

Thanks for your help, appreciate it!

Link to her Kickstarter: Sure, I'll Draw Your Portrait!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Promoting my wifes Kickstarter? Any good ideas to share?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Welcome to the community, @Chad F! I think you're already going about things the right way; social media is definitely one of the best avenues for promoting a Kickstarter. Kickstarter has some great advice on starting a campaign available on their website here: Creator Handbook: Promotion.

Your wife's work is lovely, but might I ask why she's promoting via a Kickstarter campaign? Personally, I think that setting up an online store on a custom domain or a marketplace site like Etsy would be a much better venue in which to find potential clients. She'll still have the flexibility of working at her own pace and her products could get a lot more exposure. She can also consider making products featuring her art, and she'd already have a marketplace for it! I could definitely see her art style working well for items like greeting cards or totes -- especially if she branches out to pets, too!

Re: Promoting my wifes Kickstarter? Any good ideas to share?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I have helped couple organizations and individuals with crowdfunding campaign's and I learned early on the secret to successful crowdfunding campaign is to have a community Ideally a large one all set up before you begin the campaign. Strangers don't tend to donate especially if there are no seed donations in there