AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Small Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Primer Lesson: Build Your Email Marketing A-Team

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Research from Campaign Monitor shows that emails get 6x more click-throughs than tweets. Primer explains how to hire the right people for email marketing success.

07.26.16_EmailMarketingATeam-contributor.jpg

What role does email marketing play in your small business? 

Get the Primer app for Android and iPhone.   

2 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dalilah, We have tried email marketing for few of our clients and got good responses. Email marketing provides highest conversion rate than any other marketing channel. The most important thing to consider while running email marketing is to check the quality of "Subject line". Subject line plays vital role in open rates.

- Syed Nouman Bin Nuri

Re: Primer Lesson: Build Your Email Marketing A-Team

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

@DalilahA email marketing doesn't play as big a role as social media marketing does. A few years ago, I had a big push with email marketing, but I've taken the foot off the gas a bit and focused more on other methods. I'm going to rethink my strategy moving forward now that I know this information.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Despite it not being glamorous, there are a number of cases in which email marketing can still be highly effective.

For example - Econsultancy's 2016 Email Marketing Census listed it as an unsung hero and 'the most effective digital marketing tactic', ahead of both PPC and SEO.

There is still wide spread support of email marketing with businesses continuing to invest in this area. 46% of respondents to Adobe's recent 2017 Digital Marketing Trends report stated that they were planning an increasing spend on email marketing in the year ahead.

Though stats don't matter much to the individual, so it is still always worth considering your industry, customers and situation on a case by case basis.

Re: Primer Lesson: Build Your Email Marketing A-Team

# 5

@Mark W awesome insights into email marketing. Thanks for sharing the info.