Small Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Posting to Communities - Don't Want Post Share Showing on Business Page Timeline

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So when I'm logged in as my business and I post to another community, it shows up in my business' timeline. The problem is, if I have a really cool post that I think quite a few communities would benefit from seeing, I might want to share it 2 or 3 times and it shows up that many times on my timeline..making my page look strange.

I tried to share the one post from my page by doing a re-share with those communities but often get a message that I can only select one community at a time. I'm thinking this may have to do with minimizing chances of spam but am uncertain if there is a way I can share a post with 2 or 3 communities without it showing up 2 or 3 times on my timeline.

If I delete the extra posts on my timeline, it deletes them from whatever community I had posted them on so that's not effective. Help please.

My page is Lifestages Holistic Healing in case you need to see what I'm talking about, thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tamara L
October 2016

Re: Posting to Communities - Don't Want Post Share Showing on Business Page Timeline

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi, @Tamara L, welcome to the community!

I think the easiest way to solve this issue would be to turn off the option to display Google+ community posts in your profile. This way, you could simply make an original post to your own page, then if you share or post it to other communities, the shared post(s) would not appear on your profile - just the original post you had made.

To do this, simply visit Google+ Home while logged into your business page and click "Settings" on the left side of the page. This will open up a list of options that can be configured. Under the "Profile" header, slide off the option to "Show your Google+ communities posts on your profile." The slider will turn grey to indicate that this feature is disabled. Afterwards, refresh the page and it should no longer show the repetitive feed of posts on your profile.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
October 2016

Posting to Communities - Don't Want Post Share Showing on Business Page Timeline

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

Hi, Tamara,

I'm Ray, one of the Google Small Business Advisors here in the Google Small Business community; pleased to meet you.

If I have your question right, you're trying to find a streamlined way to post from your business page to several communities at once. The short answer is that you were on to the answer in your second paragraph. The long answer is that you must create the post first (in this case, to your business page's audience), then you reshare that same post to each community, one by one. You need to select the community, and then if they have any topic/category options select the appropriate one, and then share. You may want to research a tool like Friends+Me that helps to syndicate posts to Google+ pages, collections, and communities: https://friendsplus.me/. You can also do this with Hootsuite.

Best,

Ray S.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
October 2016

Re: Posting to Communities - Don't Want Post Share Showing on Business Page Timeline

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi, @Tamara L, welcome to the community!

I think the easiest way to solve this issue would be to turn off the option to display Google+ community posts in your profile. This way, you could simply make an original post to your own page, then if you share or post it to other communities, the shared post(s) would not appear on your profile - just the original post you had made.

To do this, simply visit Google+ Home while logged into your business page and click "Settings" on the left side of the page. This will open up a list of options that can be configured. Under the "Profile" header, slide off the option to "Show your Google+ communities posts on your profile." The slider will turn grey to indicate that this feature is disabled. Afterwards, refresh the page and it should no longer show the repetitive feed of posts on your profile.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
October 2016

# 3

Hi, Tamara,

I'm Ray, one of the Google Small Business Advisors here in the Google Small Business community; pleased to meet you.

If I have your question right, you're trying to find a streamlined way to post from your business page to several communities at once. The short answer is that you were on to the answer in your second paragraph. The long answer is that you must create the post first (in this case, to your business page's audience), then you reshare that same post to each community, one by one. You need to select the community, and then if they have any topic/category options select the appropriate one, and then share. You may want to research a tool like Friends+Me that helps to syndicate posts to Google+ pages, collections, and communities: https://friendsplus.me/. You can also do this with Hootsuite.

Best,

Ray S.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you. I will do that! Cheers! 😀

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Ray..I will check out that tool..it will be very helpful and save some time! I currently use Buffer so Hootsuite is out for me but I have never heard of the Friendsplus.me....

I wonder...when I was on the help topics I saw advice on turning off the button ad Brielle mentioned but it would be great yo have your suggestion on there as I am sure many businesses wonder how to share content properly without being spammy. 

Thanks for the quick reply and great advice! Now I can clean up my pages!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tamara L ,

Many times I will mute posts that I find duplicated and/or not supporting the content I choose to find there for my G+ followers and visitors.

I thought this may also prove useful to you...

If you would like to "MUTE" a post, simply click on the right upper corner of the post and you should see a menu offering the "MUTE" enabling icon. 

While there is an investment of time, usually a few minutes, I have found this to help me "sculpt" the look of the page by removing lesser engaging content. ( :

Hope this helps...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you David, I did not know of this feature but will look for it. I don't mind investment of time if it means a good looking and relevant page for my visitors. Thank you!