1.9K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
favorite_border
Highlighted

More audiences on Google My Business Page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have just started running a Google My Business account. One question I want to know more is how to manage the page in order to reach more followers and engagements? I added photos, wrote regular posts, tips and short questions to get responses. What things are mostly matter on GMB to maintain presence?

Regards,

Afif

3 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Afif A
December

Re: More audiences on Google My Business Page

Google Small Business Advisor
# 2

@Afif A - I'd suggest engaging on other peoples' pages that have a larger audience already and that are in your same market segment. Watch what types of information they post that gets a lot of traction, and then do similar on your page. After a little while of getting to know them, you can let them know what you do on your page and maybe they'll help send some traffic to it. Whatever you do, make sure you're consistent. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Afif A
December

Re: More audiences on Google My Business Page

# 2

@Afif A - I'd suggest engaging on other peoples' pages that have a larger audience already and that are in your same market segment. Watch what types of information they post that gets a lot of traction, and then do similar on your page. After a little while of getting to know them, you can let them know what you do on your page and maybe they'll help send some traffic to it. Whatever you do, make sure you're consistent. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Afif A,

Along with the great advice by Brandon, I would add that you can run some AdWords Express ads that actually can use your Google My Business page instead of a website. This is something that many people do not realize and it gives you a way for very little cost to push people to see your page... and if you have solid content, you should gain more engagement. This link will provide all the technical information for the operations of AdWords Express.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google My Business is less focused on Google+ than it was and more focused on being the information that appears in Google Maps and the Google Knowledge Graph panel on Google search results pages. So my advice would be to use the GMB profile accordingly. Use keywords in your page title and description that pertain to your bsuiness and/or services (without keyword stuffing). Add images that show off your products and show happy customers. title the images and the images files to reflect your business name, location and products; "Joe's Grill customers enjoying a cup of coffee on Canal St" for example.

Experts in the Topic
MikeJohnston
J Clemens
BrandonSchaefer