Small Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Marketing a newly born professional service business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone!

I've recently started my RPO (recruitment process outsourcing) business. So far I've made some leads (~15) merely from a job fair.

Now I want to market my business, specially using digital maketing, but I'm NOT SURE how to do that!: is better to create content first, or start an email campaign rightaway (I have about 4000 business emails from my Linkedin) or sth else , OR all of them together!!

I appreciate your help, and excuse me if my question is a little long!

This is my first experience using the community!

Thanks,

Farhad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author farhad h
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately, my answer is all together. When you send your emails, you want to provide some kind of value. Yes, they might open their emails the first time, but you'll burn through your list quickly if you're not giving them anything useful. Original content is a great way to be useful. Especially if you can segment your list into groups and send each group something specific to their interest. Content doesn't need to be written. It can also be a quick video, infographic, e-book, etc. Have you set up a strategy for yourself? A plan of attack? Without one you can waste time on lesser priority items without realizing. (Even with a strategy, I've been guilty of it!!)

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author farhad h
October 2016

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Unfortunately, my answer is all together. When you send your emails, you want to provide some kind of value. Yes, they might open their emails the first time, but you'll burn through your list quickly if you're not giving them anything useful. Original content is a great way to be useful. Especially if you can segment your list into groups and send each group something specific to their interest. Content doesn't need to be written. It can also be a quick video, infographic, e-book, etc. Have you set up a strategy for yourself? A plan of attack? Without one you can waste time on lesser priority items without realizing. (Even with a strategy, I've been guilty of it!!)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Lisa for your answer. I've thought about the burning and that's one of the reasons I'm not sure where to start.

Now I get that I should produce useful content for an email campaign. But aside from the campaign, will sending direct messages in Linkedin work? do you have any past experience doing so?
Again thank you for your time, it means a lot to me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

LinkedIn can work, but you won't have the analytics that some email service providers have. You want to be able to track open rates and click rates because they will give you greater insights to your performance. If you're not getting good open rates you can troubleshoot subject lines. If you're getting open rates but no clicks you can troubleshoot email messaging. If you're getting clicks but no conversions you can troubleshoot your landing pages. I'm not aware of LinkedIn having that kind of analytics attached to their emails. However, the pros of using LinkedIn is that you can attempt to start a networking relationship with someone that, if done right, can be very beneficial for both parties. I would say this crosses over into a social media marketing strategy more than an email marketing strategy though.