Small Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Magazine website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please let me know some Ideas for marketing my magazine related website to increase subscriber.

Also which marketing campaign will be the best to increase more subscriber (SEM/ SEO/ SMO/ EMail/Affilates)?

2nd question is : My website is related to travel blogs and magazine and if I want to do SEO for it.

Then how will i use my keyword strategy will it be like keywords for my whole website (www.example.com) ex: Traveler magazine or based on the stories page by page(www.example.com/roadtrip) keyword???

3 Expert replyverified_user

Magazine website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Do you have a self hosted site or is it on Blogger or Wordpress.org for example?

There is a whole encyclopedia of things you can and should do to create a really effective web presence. One of the main ones is content so let's talk about what kind of content you have created and (hopefully) continue to create.

Magazine website

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

Hi Shakira!

1. For building your list I would say do a combination of SEO with sign CTA's. I wrote an in-depth article about this if you are interested in learning more: http://tierrawilson.com/ask-the-expert-how-do-i-grow-my-email-list/ 

2. Are you asking about link structure here or overall SEO? For SEO each page should focus on 1 to 3 keyword phrases. If it's location based, for travel, I would do an industry keyword phrase and a location keyword phrase. For example, instead of "things to do on vacation" you would do "things to do on vacation in Peru". So the link would be example.com/things-to-do-peru or something like that.

Magazine website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tierra,

I wanted to ask, I have a travel blog site, every day we publish new stories related to different places and adventure destinations.

As an SEO expert I have manage to research good keyword for the blog main pages(keyword such as: travel blogs, travel destinations etc)

But I wanted to ask you for new stories or new articles which we publish daily for example for articles related to good food to eat in nearby locations, or article related to some nice restaurants. do I need to use the main keywords or I have to use keywords related to particular story topic

Because some time we publish totally different topic story, so in such case what will be mine keyword strategy. Will it be same or I have to research new as per the story

Re: Magazine website

# 5

@shakira s - travel blogging is a huge market. I'd suggest reaching out to some of the most influential travel bloggers and start to form some working relationships with them. 

There's no faster or more inexpensive way than to have an influencer organically share your content.