1.8K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Looking for help with marketing my products online

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have just started the business we sell handicrafts online its an Indian handicrafts website now i want to sell my products in India as well as out of my country but the problem i have right now is in marketing the product i do not the world market as i have never ran any add so i dont know how to ran ad as well who to target where to target and since we are startup so we do not have much marketing budget as well i need help here how to move forward please help me

Thanks 

Regards Mayank tiwari 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mayank T,

Do you have a standard informational website or a shopping/eCommerce system? And do you have any video or a YouTube channel? (please do not list them, I am only asking if you have these).

Have you looked into Google AdWords yet? 

And how new is your website... and the products you are selling? 

Kind Regards,

James

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Start by having a website . Then let's proceed from their ! Make sure your website is built with a Marketing Funnel in mind . 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes i do have all the relevant information on my website  and its an eCommerce website 

and i am not using any platform to i a am doing all by myself i have not yet added website on google ad words i have just started but did not start selling i need so help on how to start should i start with google ad words or should i go other way of marketing 

since 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have started a website every thing is ready now i need help on promoting the business 

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Congratulations, @Mayank T! How are you currently promoting your site? Have you set up social media pages for your business? Promoting on social can be a great way to spotlight new products and drive visitors to your website.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mayank T
November

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Define and set your business goals and objectives

Map out your target audiences (Personae). Once you have demographics in place, you should be able to identify those channels where your prospects are active.

Develop your marketing strategy that into consideration a good marketing mix (4Ps and 7Ps)

Identify your target channels based on evidence. However, the nature of your products should determine the channels you and what type of content to be shared on any of those channels.

Develop your SEO and link building strategy. Your SEO would be based around; targeting long tail keywords. Your link building methodology would be focused around; relevance, domain and page authority. Make sure you have a blog where you publish content. Your content could include, solving a problem or showing your users how to do something. It will have to provide real value.

Create your social media strategy based on the goals of your business.

Carry out a succinct competitor analysis to spy on what they are doing that has given them an edge to become successful.

Make sure your website is mobile-friendly (responsive). It will need to load fast, has good UX and passes Google speed and mobile tests.

Instead of using Google Adwords, I would first start with a social media marketing platform like facebook. Why? It has billions of users. It provides the opportunity to segment and target those personae identified above. It gives also an excellent opportunity to target geographies and demographics. Once you have learned enough through this medium you can proceed on to Bing and Google. Note, none of these channels are cheap.

Video has become very important in the marketing mix due to the continued rise in mobile consumption around the world.

Your marketing budget will play an important role and how you move forward.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Over time I have seen many business owners, trying to become  marketers in a month, while they were best in something else. This disoriented them and made them unproductive.

I am not telling all these to discourage you, but only to prepare you for the workload and the dangers of making your own marketing plan with no help from an expert.

What I would suggest, I to find a marketing expert and make a deal with him. If you can convince him in a brief way, that your business has a lot of potential, you could agree on some kind of partnership.

If you accomplish that, the next thing you should consider seriously is this. 80% of any success is based on a good advertising budget.

I hope that helped.

My best wishes

Miriam 

Google Small Business Advisor
# 9
Google Small Business Advisor

@Mayank T my suggestion is to start small, in your own town, forming strategic partnerships with businesses that have money. Over time, share your ideas with them of growth, and ask them to invest.

Re: Looking for help with marketing my products online

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Mayank T wrote:

Hi,

I have just started the business we sell handicrafts online its an Indian handicrafts website now i want to sell my products in India as well as out of my country but the problem i have right now is in marketing the product i do not the world market as i have never ran any add so i dont know how to ran ad as well who to target where to target and since we are startup so we do not have much marketing budget as well i need help here how to move forward please help me

Thanks 

Regards Mayank tiwari 

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
BrandonSchaefer
Brielle B