Small Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Looking for SEO advice for my home cleaning service

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Brielle,

I run a small local family run home cleaning service. I'd be interested in making sure my SEO is on point (learning about that as well) to know if I'm reaching the correct local audience, could you help in my direction please ?

Looking forward to your response

< This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines. Please note that the Guidelines ask that you do not use your use your signature for self-promotion. >

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Looking for SEO advice for my home cleaning service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@wonderwomanC can you share the URL? Also what areas are you trying to target locally?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3
Google Small Business Advisor
@WonderWoman C - the first thing I'd do in terms of SEO is get yourself a Google+ Business Page and fill out every area with as much detail as possible. Then I'd do the same with the primary local directories i.e. Yelp.com, Angie's List, and so forth. By doing this, you'll at least give your company a chance to be found. Hope that helps.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @WonderWoman C

Adding to @BrandonSchaefer  reply.

Here is some homework / reading for you:

Boost your Local SEO and Business Visibility

Ranking Factors of a Google Business Page

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I would suggest doing a site analysis with Woorank.com (free) and checking out the Google SEO guide: https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimiza...

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the tip

< This post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines. Please note that the Guidelines ask that you do not use your use your signature for self-promotion. >

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

<title>WonderWoman Cleaning Service | wonder woman cleaning service</title>

I have experiance in working with more than one "ServiceMaster Clean®" franchises and can offer what I found very important to getting found online for both Janitorial and commercial cleaning services.

I believe what I have learned and recorded will help you.

The title of a webpage can have a big impact on your website getting found in relative online searches, and by the right people. It is also important to note that the title (must) should always be aligned and represent best what can be found on it's respective page.

For Example:

Currently your homepage title "WonderWoman Cleaning Service | wonder woman cleaning service" seems to me to best support being found by those using your company name in a online search.

While your name appears to be the most prominent use of words on your homepage representing 5.13% of the total sum appearing in the "Body Text", is second only to the word "clean" representing 5.66% of "BT".

You may want to consider this...

After reading the content, I can safely assume that you are only interested in "residential cleaning".

I really think that what can help you most is the consideration of...

1) Include the word(s) that you feel your prospective website visitors will use to find the right cleaning service in thier online search. (i.e. gutter cleaning, commercial cleaning, roof cleaning, etc.)

My point being your content needs to be easily found to support "house cleaning" which is what I found used in most in searches which are specifically looking for the services you offer.

Then use it in the title.

*Please note, Google doctrine does suggest that you try to include your "company name/brand" in the title for which I personally try and keep to less than 60 characters. (55 is ideal to me)

Here is an EXAMPLE ONLY of what I consider to be a pretty good title, (without more to go on)

House Cleaning by WonderWoman Cleaning Service

2) Using the above "example only", I would then consider the content currently found on the homepage and try and add the use of better descriptive phrases, like "house cleaning". This will help make the phrase more prominent than your current use of the phrase "cleaning" which currently represents only 00.53% of the overall "BT". More important is that this phrase is not even prominent when considering others like "WonderWoman Cleaning Service". (Unless you only want to target searches that are looking for your company specifically.

*Please note: You are currently using the word cleaning more than any other. The word by itself could use a little further description of what you clean. Try and add words like, "home, house, etc. to better represent your area of expertise and to help better align the content for better visibility in an online Google search.

Here are some search phrases that have recorded being used in actual seemingly related searches. Those terms that were found used in thousands of recent online searches include clean house,
housekeeping, maid service, spring cleaning, clean house, home cleaning services, clean house. All of which were recorded to be used in 1000's of actual online searches.

I hope you consider what I have shared. I really do see this as an important element to support the solutions available that relate most to your question.