Small Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Leads in San Diego flooring Contactor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Need help in generating my leads in the San Diego county

1st choice flooring lic #1009241

san Diego, ca 92027

858 761 3038

josh Tiefenbach 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Leads in San Diego flooring Contactor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Josh, 
Am moving this over to the Small Business Forum, as this particular forum is for support with your Google My Business listing.

From what I can see, it doesn't look like you have any online presence at all, so this forum might not be best as your first port of call.  

BTW, if you do want a Google My Business listing, start here :

https://www.google.com/business/  

And have a read through the guidelines to get yourself started right. https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

Being in San Diego, you may bump across Advanced Verification requirements.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/7129722  (I don't believe it's being tested in your category just yet, but am providing the info JIC)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @josh t,

Welcome to the Google Small Business community. 

Margaret has certainly provided some great help already and I think we can provide some more.

When you say you need help generating leads, is this a new business or one that has some saturation in your local market space already? Do you have a website in place? What about social media profiles?

These all have to do with the journey ahead for you in presenting your company to consumers that need your services. I wrote an article for Google Partners that was designed to help advertising agencies build a brand for themselves, but all of the information is very relevant to any self-employed person operating a business. You can take a look at it here.

Once I know a little more about your unique journey, I would be happy to provide some more information to you here. We all care very much for your success and we will all offer what we can to help that along. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi james thanks for taking the time to reply. Its a new business so I'm just kinda getting started on the marketing, as of now I don't have a website or social media yet but would like to get it started. At times it all can be overwhelming I appreciate your help!!

Leads in San Diego flooring Contactor

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Josh T,

You are very welcome. 

Starting a new business is an exciting thing to do... and a scary one, as well. 

The first thing you should do is to follow Margaret's advice and start a google My Business listing. This is actually a G+ business page, which is a social page for your business, but with the added benefit of being listed in Google Maps. That will make it so that when someone locally searches for a flooring contractor in San Diego on their mobile device or in Google Maps, you will show up as an option.

Next, go about all the major social media platforms and create a business profile in your company name.

Next, go to all your local directory listings that are free and add your company's NAP (name, address and phone) info. This includes BBB, YP, Yelp, Angie's Place and any others like these. You can have a free listing and then they will offer you enhanced services that cost, but that is completely optional and can be done at anytime.  

A website is absolutely needed, but you don't have to spend a lot of money for it to work. And you do not need a large, complex one, either. You should research website companies and find one you like or feel you can work with easily. This could be in your area or anywhere else. I have clients all over the world and it does not affect me providing a quality product and exceptional customer service to them. I provided an article for the Google My Business community discussing websites briefly here.  

Of course, the article I mentioned in my previous reply is very relevant to your current situation and all of it should be reviewed and put to work for you. It covers most all aspects of marketing a business or service, along with how to network yourself... which is critically-important. 

In summary, you need to have a strong and consistent social presence that is updated with content related to your products & services. And you need to utilize a local online presence by being listed on local directories (YP, BBB, etc.). And all of your online information needs to be consistent and correct. Once you have some of this completed, you should look into utilizing AdWords or AdWords Express to run some PPC (pay per click) advertising, which will accelerate your promotions and overall presence to your prospective customers. 

All of this will be a continual process of repeating the above steps 2-3 times per month for the life of your business. So, you must spend time to understand it all... or hire someone to handle it for you.  

Please let us know what you discover and enjoy the process. Please let us know any questions you have or if we can provide further assistance. 

King Regards,

James