Small Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any smart ways advertise a small business whitout using money?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Im starting a small business called Oslo til Oslo. 

Electrician and janitor services. its not up on google yet. Im wondering is there any smart ways of advertising a company.

Please help thanks in advance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author paul v
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

Once you start a business it needs a smart business plan in place that is backed by a smart marketing plan. for 2017 and beyond, that certainly means having a strong online presence. 

1) Mobile-Responsive Website.

2) Facebook.

3) Twitter.

4) YouTube.

5) Google+.

6) Google My Business.

7) Yelp.

Once you have all of those in place, you will be off to a good start with your online presence. You will want to use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster (Search Console) to optimize and study the performance. You will want to research smart SEO tactics. You will want to make sure all of your NAP (name, address, phone) info is precisely the same everywhere. You will want to add your business to as many free online directories (credible ones) as you can. You should consider a blog on blogger.com (a Google property).

Now, you have to physically promote your business and website everywhere in the regions/cities/towns you want to do business in. Join local groups, donate your time, money or service, get involved in those communities. Sponsor quality events, pass out cards and flyers... ground work is vital to building yourself out. 

Now, keep your content online fresh & relevant. Make changes to your website monthly, add in new content everywhere and keep repeating all of the above. 

Everything above can be done for no money (or very little), depending on how you do it. You might find an article I wrote for Google titled Marketing Your Agency, which applies to any business today. 

If you succeed at all of the above, you should be ready for...

The final thing to do is to advertise. Use AdWords or AdWords Express for your digital advertising. Use promotions on Facebook, Twitter, etc.. for your digital marketing. The more exposure you create for yourself, the faster you can grow. 

Best wishes on your journey, 

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try Gum tree, all the best

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Paul,

Once you start a business it needs a smart business plan in place that is backed by a smart marketing plan. for 2017 and beyond, that certainly means having a strong online presence. 

1) Mobile-Responsive Website.

2) Facebook.

3) Twitter.

4) YouTube.

5) Google+.

6) Google My Business.

7) Yelp.

Once you have all of those in place, you will be off to a good start with your online presence. You will want to use Google Analytics and Google Webmaster (Search Console) to optimize and study the performance. You will want to research smart SEO tactics. You will want to make sure all of your NAP (name, address, phone) info is precisely the same everywhere. You will want to add your business to as many free online directories (credible ones) as you can. You should consider a blog on blogger.com (a Google property).

Now, you have to physically promote your business and website everywhere in the regions/cities/towns you want to do business in. Join local groups, donate your time, money or service, get involved in those communities. Sponsor quality events, pass out cards and flyers... ground work is vital to building yourself out. 

Now, keep your content online fresh & relevant. Make changes to your website monthly, add in new content everywhere and keep repeating all of the above. 

Everything above can be done for no money (or very little), depending on how you do it. You might find an article I wrote for Google titled Marketing Your Agency, which applies to any business today. 

If you succeed at all of the above, you should be ready for...

The final thing to do is to advertise. Use AdWords or AdWords Express for your digital advertising. Use promotions on Facebook, Twitter, etc.. for your digital marketing. The more exposure you create for yourself, the faster you can grow. 

Best wishes on your journey, 

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try Gum tree, all the best

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Paul,

Learn to advertise/market your business for free of cost as well. Please check this link https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalgarage/.  Here you can learn more about enhance your digitial knowledge and how to market yourself. This is an option in UK only.

Google also have a department called Google My business team. Also check out the Google My Business help forum,  people who are new in business, also post their queries there.

Hope this helps.

Joe.