Small Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

How ofter do you send out email newsletters?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 1
Google Small Business Advisor

I know that I used to get bombarded with email newsletters from companies, but it's seem to gone done a lot as of recently. 

Are you still sending them out daily, weekly, monthly... let me know so I can adjust my email newsletter sending schedule to match the trend.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How ofter do you send out email newsletters?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@BrandonSchaefer,

I think email accounts became overwhelmed so marketers needed to/should have adjusted back to not irritate consumers. 

With that said, I think it is still a great way to engage a prospective customer but those messages should be more carefully sent and always include a unsubscribe feature and analytics to determine who is reading them, who is trashing them and more. 

After speaking with a wide range of business owners and active consumer purchasers, I have come to think that bi-monthly serves all well. And by sending them every two weeks, it is not too invasive but it keeps them engaged with a brand.

Hope you have a great Friday!

- James 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I think a lot of it is simply knowing your customers/readers. Knowing what they want or find useful and listening to their feedback Will help you design and publish the ideal newsletter for your audience

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I would build the newsletter opt in feature with "how often would you like to receive news from us" and other customizable options your readers can choose. I hate to unsubscribe from good newsletters just because I can't customize my settings.