Small Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Google "POSSUM" update

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Can anybody say how the google POSSUM update are going to effect ?? my keywords are not ranking in local... Somebody please advice .

https://plus.google.com/+VistasadindiaAdvertisingcompany

2 Expert replyverified_user

Google "POSSUM" update

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

If I do this search; advertising companies, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095, India, your business is #7 in the list supplied by google. It looks like you are in an urban area with a great deal of competition so #7 is not really that bad but that was a fairly specific search too.

Google "POSSUM" update

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Even though, we stayed in first three but came down.. is there anything to do with this update ??

Re: Google "POSSUM" update

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

It's possible that your ranking may have been affected by recent algorithm updates, @nithin b. While I am unable to confirm any specifics of this update (not that I know of any in the first place), I can recommend that you check out some of the more popular SEO blogs' reports on any notable changes. While not an "official" Google news source, SEO website Moz regularly updates a timeline of major changes to Google Search algorithm. They include links to relevant blog articles that can contain specifics along with speculation that may help you determine specifically what may be affecting your ranking. You can check out this resource and learn more here: Google Algorithm Change History @ Moz

Google "POSSUM" update

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks @Brielle B