Small Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I Just opened a Store in Boulder City. Trying to get Customers any Ideas?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What sort of store is it? You could start with creating some online directory listings. Google My Business is a great one to start with. MOZ offers a great service for creating multiple listings on the best directories which is reasonably priced.

Have you created any social network pages yet (facebook, twitter, youtube)?

Do you have a website for your business?

Google Reviews

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

Great questions! 

Re: Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
its a metaphysical supp;y store. (Metaphysical means beyond the physical)
Yea I have a website. how do I get on a directory?

Thank you.😇
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cherlyn F
January 2017

Re: Google Reviews

# 5

@Cherlyn F I'd just start shooting short-form video and posting the content on your website, and then cross-post the video content to your social media channels. You can get a lot of traffic very quickly this way. It's an interesting topic you cover.

Google Reviews

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

AdWords advertising is another avenue for exposure. There are always promotions for new advertisers (Spend $25, get $100 free for example). Google can help you get everything setup with either AdWords or AdWords Express. Start small with a limited budget you can afford to experiment with over at least a few months. If there are any free offers, discounts or promotions you can offer make sure to highlight that in the ad copy.

If you're just trying to build some recognition and gain some brand exposure a "lost leader" like free classes, open house, or some incentive for people to come into the store may be a better tactic than a sales first approach at this point (whether through advertising, or social media). Especially if your average product price is under $20-ish, you may get a few impulse buys that help establish a customer base. Odds are the "die hard" metaphysical market size is going to be fairly limited, so if you can find an inventory of lower priced products with broader appeal, then there will be more potential for early growth.

Tom

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The biggest mistake I see new Adwords advertisers make is that they try to cram too many keywords into one campaign or ad group and they use broad match. Firstly; don't use broad match, your budget will burn in the fire fast and you will go broke, then deciding Adwords doesn't work. Use "broad match modifier" match type to maintain control of your primary keywords being used. Secondly; don't invest a large amount. Start with a small budget. As you achieve your ideal cost per conversion (or cost per acquisition) AND high-quality leads, then increase your budget. Don't increase your budget until you can at least view the search terms report to verify the right keywords are being used (relevant and high-quality keywords), and make sure to add your negative keywords to avoid irrelevant keywords. Personally, I like to keep under 10 keywords in each ad group. And I like to keep my ad groups really tight and themed, keywords must be in line with the landing page URL, title, etc.. The biggest mistake I made when starting Adwords is that I didn't theme my ad groups as much as I should have. Years later, I ended up breaking up my campaigns into new campaigns, and making sure the ad groups were tightly themed -- and the result was a 40% reduction in my cost per conversion, so yes, make sure to tightly them those ad groups. Thirdly, even theme your extensions. Just because an ad group is in the same campaign as another ad group, each ad group can use its own set of extensions, to go along with your ad. Make sure to take everything into consideration when viewing each ad group including the call extension and sitelink extensions to go along with each ad. 

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Obviously make sure to target the location Boulder City, and possibly some of it's surrounding cities. Make sure to integrate your Google places extension for that local area -- very important! 

Google Reviews

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

are you on the google maps? Im still waiting for a mail from them ;P Wierd that google sends real mail not email.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cherlyn F
June

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, it is weird, but the reason Google sends the real mail, and not email, is because they want to verify that it's a real location. Google does this to prevent business owners from setting up locations in multiple areas just for the purpose of getting leads but in reality, they only have one physical location on the map. Once you get the post card, it's quick from there.