Small Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Getting my new business to come up in Google searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I just recently opened a new small business in a VERY small town in Maine. I had a customer come in and tell me that she could not get my shop to come up in a Google search. I didn't even realize that this was something that I actually had to set up myself Smiley Happy. Is there someone that could give me guidance on how to get it so that I could get this done so that people can find me and my store?? Thanks so much!

Nicole

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting my new business to come up in Google searches

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Welcome to the community, @Country M! It's really easy to get your business listed on Google. You'll want to add your business to Google My Business, which will allow you to get your business on the map with important details such as your business' address, contact information, hours and more!

You can get started with Google My Business here: https://www.gybo.com/

If you need any help, our YouTube channel has tons of great instructional videos, including an entire playlist of videos that walk through the entire Google My Business registration process. You can check out the Google Small Business channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/GoogleBusiness

Also, here's the previously mentioned "Getting Started with Google My Business" playlist.

If you need any specialized assistance with getting your business online, you can visit the Official Google My Business Community right here on the Advertiser Community! They have tons of awesome members and experts who can help you out.

You can also check out the Google My Business Help Center for more assistance on specific topics.

We'll look forward to seeing your business on Google!