Small Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Building Client Authority

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Can someone please enlighten me?

I am assigned to several clients who ask that I post on their behalf. Sometimes this includes communities similar to "GSB".

What I am noticing is that the activity is actually being recorded for my own Google Account activity.

I was under the impression that when logged in as a manager that my activities on behalf of a client would benefit the client...

Is this true?

I should probably add that each client provides a very comprehensive amount information including topics, questions, etc.

Actually, this is a question that a client is asking. When I tried to log in and post this question on behalf of client, I could not, even as manager.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David F
October 2016

Google Small Business Advisor
# 2

Hi, David F,

Is this limited to just this platform here in the GSB community, or other Google login-based sites (Google+, Google My Business, Google Drive, etc.)?

I might be wrong, but it sounds like you might be having some browser incompatibility/cache issues logging in and out of Google accounts. In the top left corner, when you drop-down to "Switch accounts" you should get the Google Account Chooser screen and then log into the appropriate Google account. Once done, you should successfully see the email address for which you're posting here in the GSB community. I know that's simplistic, but I want to make sure we're covering those bases.

After that, I would look to the browser issues. Which browser(s) are you using to access the GSB community? You might want to visit http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ and purge some cache and then reboot the computer and browser to see if that doesn't "kick" things back into working order.

Let me know how that goes for you. 

Best,

Ray Sidney-Smith

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author David F
October 2016

# 2

Hi, David F,

Is this limited to just this platform here in the GSB community, or other Google login-based sites (Google+, Google My Business, Google Drive, etc.)?

I might be wrong, but it sounds like you might be having some browser incompatibility/cache issues logging in and out of Google accounts. In the top left corner, when you drop-down to "Switch accounts" you should get the Google Account Chooser screen and then log into the appropriate Google account. Once done, you should successfully see the email address for which you're posting here in the GSB community. I know that's simplistic, but I want to make sure we're covering those bases.

After that, I would look to the browser issues. Which browser(s) are you using to access the GSB community? You might want to visit http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/ and purge some cache and then reboot the computer and browser to see if that doesn't "kick" things back into working order.

Let me know how that goes for you. 

Best,

Ray Sidney-Smith

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This was so helpful, thank you!

# 4