AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Small Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Asking Customers For Reviews Via Product Inserts

Top Contributor Alumni
# 1
Top Contributor Alumni

I ordered a lens shade for my Nikon this week and when the package arrived there was a note inside along with the product. It asked me to review the company on Amazon and gave me a link to that and a link to their YouTube channel where they had helpful product videos.

i thought that was a cool idea and something I do not see a lot of businesses doing. If you ship products to customers have you ever done anything like this?

image.jpeg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Asking Customers For Reviews Via Product Inserts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I generally get my clients to put in place a review system within their follow up / customer service emails, but hey there is nothing wrong with asking in writing if you are shipping a product.

In fact it could be more effective then in an email, hey

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Asking Customers For Reviews Via Product Inserts

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I had one that even took it a step further and included a QR code in the product insert that went straight to the Google Review page prompt.

Certainly seems worth using these types of direct touch points where you have someones full attention to communicate with your customers and even add value to the customer experience.