Small Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Anyone using Chatbots in their marketing strategy?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 1

Interested to see if you're currently using chatbots in your marketing strategy, and if so, what service are you using? Is it getting you good results?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Following this! I was considering getting a chatbot, but I need more info on how I can get one for free(to test). 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I shy away from anything called a "bot". I think that authenticity is important in business and just like I do not like being called by a phone bot which tries to see if I am a good enough prospect to talk to a real telemarketer I also resent automated chat programs. To me they say that a company does not place much value on individual customers.

# 4

@MikeJohnston I agree with the term 'bot' having a bad name. Many businesses are starting to use them for customer service and marketing, but they 100% need to be used properly. I've heard a lot about a Facebook Messenger Chatbot, but have really investigated what it's all about yet. I'm a firm believer in authenticity like yourself.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use a bot in Messenger. We introduced it to our audience a few months ago and we gave him a name. Roby. This saved us a lot of time, especially when it comes to  answering common questions. Unfortuntely, we did not have the time to explore any other marketing possibilites.  We use https://chatfuel.com/ (free) but there are several services out there, that make it very easy to install a chatbot. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree. Although there are plenty of customers out there who absolutely hate reading. They like to call even though you can find the answer on the website. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for sharing this!