Small Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

Advise on crowdfunding campaign

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Small Business people!

Can anyone help me with ideas on how to market our crowdfunding campaign?

<Removed link per our Community Guidelines>

Thanks,

Thomas

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Thomas L,

You should utilize your personal & business contacts to share it on as many social places as possible. Do a Google Search on: how to create engaging crowdfunding story or variations of that. There are many articles about this. 

What you will not want to do is to post your link all over and in places that do not allow it, like here. When you enter a new community, you must read the guidelines and follow them to gain any positive actions from your efforts. 

All the Best,

James

Google Small Business Advisor
# 3

Hi, Thomas,

Congrats on launching your campaign! It's a big undertaking. Crowdfunding isn't just a fundraising gimmick. It requires a marketing campaign all its own - social media, email, PR, video, all of it.

A crowdfunding campaign requires early donors and buzz to get going. Get your friends, family, business contacts - anyone you know! - to make a contribution, no matter how small. And as James noted, I agree with getting them to share.

Beyond sharing though - make sure the value is clear to donors. How will you use the money? What can they expect from your company? What have you already put in?

Hope this helps!

Hillary

# 4

Has the campaign started yet? The best time to market your campaign is way before you actually launch your campaign, this way when you launch, you have a massive influx of activity and your campaign will get featured.