Small Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
We're talking about all things marketing; learn how to put the web to work for your business, and find information about all aspects of marketing your business here.
Guide Me
star_border

A friend with a '&' problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A friend with a & problem. Anyone every run into & showing up as & in business listing directories? Any advice other than changing the business name to keep local listing NAP info clean across all sites?

13615451_10204973452336505_6908104649594957461_n.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: A friend with a '&' problem

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Which business directories?

Re: A friend with a '&' problem

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Adam K,

What you are seeing is the html code for the ampersand (&) symbol. Often times when G+ and some other properties get pulled into listings, they pull the &amp code instead of the & so it is showing L &amp M instead of L&M. 

I took a quick look at the website and in the META description tag is your culprit: Call L&M Foreign Cars today!

<meta name="description" content="We specialize in BMW, Land Rover, Volkswagen, VW, Audi, Volvo, Mini Cooper, Mercedes &amp; Porsche at our full service Brooklyn auto repair shop. Call L&amp;M Foreign Cars today! " />

This needs to be changed to & and then you will see it start to populate throughout all of your online listings correctly.  

Kind Regards,

James

Re: A friend with a '&amp;' problem

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome, thank you for the insight James! I forwarded this to L&M to resolve it.

Re: A friend with a '&amp;' problem

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Adam K,

You are very welcome. It's one of those pesky little typos that creep up on us web developers. I have surely done it myself. Robot tongue

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Kind Regards,

James