Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

What's your way of anticipating irrelevant queries when using BMM?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey everyone,

What's your way for discovering irrelevant search queries that trigger your BMM keywords/ads when they aren't being clicked on?

Search query reports only give you data once the ad has been clicked on -- but what I'm asking is proactive anticipation of potential negatives. Some people recommend the keyword planner, others recommend various keyword research tools.

What's your trick?

Cheers,

Michal

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are several keyword tools out on the market that you can use to do competitive research with. I often find it helpful to run my own clients through these, as these tools will pull up the keywords that Google is showing impressions for. I then take all of the un-relevant ones and naturally add those in as negatives.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Robert.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Michal:

Some things we do:

- Use some paid options

- Keyword planner is a must

- Check out some free sites:  https://ubersuggest.io, http://keywordtool.io

- Google like crazy, and read sites that result from SEO as well.  This is really the most effective way.

- Add pre-created lists that should be added to almost every account.

- Have a long meeting with the client and get some of their suggestions, and some will be obvious after learning about client's business.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey thanks for the added value. What kind of paid options do you typically use?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

It just depends on the project.  We also create landing pages and A/B test, so it completely depends.  Anywhere between $300 and $700 per month for budgets under $7000, or the standard 13% for budgets above $7000.  Also, pricing will vary whether we do landing pages, display, re-marketing, design banners, and more.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. I was referring to what paid options you use to anticipate irrelevant queries.