Partners
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

What Tracking Parameters do you use?

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Happy Monday Y'all.  

We are moving to Marin and one of their questions is about what tracking parameters we use.  So what tracking parameters do you use?  And Why?

Currently I use ValueTrack parameters.  Here are the ones I currently use:

Network

Creative 
Placement 

Random 

MatchType 

Any other good ones I'm missing?  

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What Tracking Parameters do you use?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm curious @Tony_Guo - which factors made you decide to go with Marin?  What types of clients do you have?  What were you looking for out of a platform specifically?

We have spent the last year on Marin, that's why I'm asking.  

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: What Tracking Parameters do you use?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
@PPCBossman

Price structure was a big reason. They offered a minimal base or a percentage of spend. This made sense to us. They also visited and pitched to us live. Kenshoo's pitch was via phone conference. This made a large difference.

Our clients are mostly automotive. We have very few non-automotive clients.

We were looking for a "sales" driven platform that would be easy for account executives to use and show current/potential clients.

I've used Marin in the past before (June 2014-June 2015) at a different agency. They recently acquired a Social Media platform... so that's interesting.

I hope to do a better job automating, tracking, and simplifying the process especially for the account executives who are in the field pitching.