Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Vote for the best ad

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Want to test your AdWords mettle? Once again I'm issuing a little challenge: Take a look at the three fake AdWords ads below, and in the comments tell me which one you find the most effective. Be sure to back up why you chose that ad, with as much detail as possible! This is a fun way for us all to learn from one another.

One important note: This is a tennis equipment store who want to promote tennis shoes across North America.

I can't wait to see your responses!

Ad Comparison - Scotty's Tennis Gear.png

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Vote for the best ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In the context of their stated objective I'll nominate B as the winner.
- digits, percentage sign in the copy are attention getters;
- FREE shipping is irresistible.
- The punctuation at the end of Line1 will join the Headline with the Line 1 for even better attraction (however, in my experience it's not always the case and the exclamation on Line1 might render the ad disapproved - I recall that a comma or a period are safer choices with G).

BTW, the display URL could be stronger (Browse?!).

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

You're safe with a single exclamation point as long as it's not in the headline. Replacing the exclamation for a period in this case opens up the opportunity for description line 1 to immediately follow the headline without a line break; which can sometimes improve the CTR.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
B. Need punctuation at the end of line one to extend the headline..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would pick B for the same reasons as everyone else that picked B, the Free delivery .
But would the fact that letter A starts with the product name ‘Tennis Shoes Mega sale’
Get more initial hits than the others. . I do not ask or look for discounts in the search box,
Discounts could be on any product or service, I type in what it is I am looking for.
Big Brands of what? Cereals. How about Tennis Shoes-Mega Sale-free delivery?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

C clear call to action with buy now. Text tells me if I click I will see Tennis Shoes, not just land at a site that sells Tennis Gear. Free delivery on ad B is enticing though.

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner
B, it has the word discount in the title and everyone likes discounts @ScottyD

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
B definitely wins this. A is quite broad and bland, people would not engage with that. C relies too much on the Big Names in tennis shoes which actually narrows the audience way too much; it also lacks any value proposition. B really hits to most anyone who may want tennis shoes especially since the two main reasons people shop online is literally Convenience and Price.

Love it when you make these comparisons!

Badged Google Partner
# 9
Badged Google Partner
B is my choice for being the best optimized of the 3 choices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
B- People love discounts, a clear high discount, instock and free delivery BOOM!. URL should say buy shoe instead of brow now, could create fear of going to the wrong page.