AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Upcoming changes to Quality Score reporting

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hello All, 

Some of you might have seen an alert in some of your accounts. I had a client I help as needed ask about this and so I figured I would share with the group. He was just concerned on how to add them to his reports, so I helped and figured I would pass it along. 

Upcoming changes to Quality Score reporting

"Starting the week of September 12 , 2016, you’ll start seeing null Quality Scores (designated by "--" in the table) when there aren’t enough impressions or clicks to accurately determine a keyword’s Quality Score.

A result of "--" will appear for new keywords, as well as keywords that lack recent click and impression data. By default, Quality Scores of "--" won’t be included when filtering by Quality Score in your reports or automated rules. But you'll have the option of including Quality Scores of “--” in your filtered data.

Notice in accounts: Updates to Quality Score reporting: You will soon start seeing Quality Scores of "--" for keywords with few impressions and clicks. This update may require you to update your saved reports, rules and filters. Keep in mind, reports, filters and rules filtered by Quality Score will drop all scores of "--".

About Quality Score.JPG

Learn More about the Quality Score: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7050591 update here 

About Quality Score2.JPG

The next thing to do is go into your MCC at the account level click reports and look for keyword reports.

About Quality Score1.JPG

Select the report in question, click EDIT.

About Quality Score4.JPG

When it opens, click Add Filters,  Look at the drop-down, select Attributes --> Quality Score

Then select Include keywords with Quality Scores of "--"

About Quality Score3.JPG

Have a great weekend everyone...

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Upcoming changes to Quality Score reporting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
If I understand correctly, by not taking these steps then the space in the row of new keywords under the QS column would show nothing as opposed to the "--" ? So these keywords and their metrics are excluded from quality score reports? Please clarify thanks!

Re: Upcoming changes to Quality Score reporting

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Nick C,

If you do not include them, as @Spencer_Wade explains above, then they are excluded completely from reporting. I like to think of the - as meaning non-existence.

As for the Quality score column in the dashboard (not reporting), it should show "--" for these keywords. 

Kind Regards,

James