Partners
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Total Converted Value in AdWords - Any way to see the breakdown of orders in AdWords without going..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Like usual my Analytics and AdWords for an account are not matching up. I was wondering if anyone knew of any place in AdWords that I could go to see the breakdown of the converted value/order value from that keyword. It just honestly sucks when I break it down to a keyword and one keyword is responsible for 3 sales and I can't see past that, but the sales revenue from that keyword is not matching up with the revenue on Analytics and I cannot match up any crazy scenario with the sales they gave me from the previous days.

Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Total Converted Value in AdWords - Any way to see the breakdown of orders in AdWords without goi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Rachael M,

My apologies for the lapse of time in this reply.

The data supplied within Google Analytics & AdWords varies depending on how your account is setup and structured. Please note that sometimes there will be differences in data between the two products, too, so there are many factors to consider.

The Analytics AdWords reports import data directly from the AdWords system. The data in AdWords and Analytics is usually consistent, however, there are circumstances in which the data can differ:

• Comparing long date ranges may include periods during which your accounts were not linked.
  • Linking multiple AdWords accounts to the same Analytics view complicates the information in your reports.
  • Filters may remove some of the data from your Analytics reports. Check that there are no filters editing your campaign destination URLs.
  • AdWords data is imported into Analytics at the time you view your report, so data is current as of the most recent hour.

Please take a look at this resourceful Google Help File digging into conversion values that I think will serve your current needs well while providing more information to build upon.

Further, do you have conversion tracking set up for your campaign? I would suggest that you do, if you do not. 

Once you take a look, please let us know how things go and if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

James 

Re: Total Converted Value in AdWords - Any way to see the breakdown of orders in AdWords without goi

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Rachael M - Is this question about shopping campaign I assume? As J Clemens mentioned difference in tracking may be the culprit here. There is some info here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en, which is where I got the screenshot from.

Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 17.27.25.png

Could you give an example of the issue you're looking at? We might be bale to help with that better.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Total Converted Value in AdWords - Any way to see the breakdown of orders in AdWords without going..

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's a good explanation, thank you for taking a screenshot and sharing that. Another reason a Google Rep told me is that some of the tracking a page one of my client's must have can be triggering multiple times (which does seem to happen sometimes). So it is counting the transaction twice. Always something!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Glad that helped @Rachael M. The more we work at it, the more "always something" becomes --> "maybe sometimes, maybe never" Woman Happy

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.