Partners
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

The New AdWords Experience

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Last month the official AdWords blog announced that “the new AdWords experience will be available to all advertisers by the end of the year.” It’s been 8 years since the last redesign, so you can imagine how significant of a change can be expected in this upcoming interface. The good news is that this update has been designed to offer users a faster and more streamlined experience, one that allows more focus to be applied on business objectives across multiple devices. While the transition between interfaces should be fairly smooth, Google has still provided us with some best practices to get the most from the new AdWords experience.

Streamlined Workflow

• Tables now have a cleaner look with columns that you can resize to what suits you best. Campaign columns will also stay in view while scrolling sideways, meaning that you’ll be able to compare data without having to scroll back and forth.

GP Article 1.png

• Similar to AdWords Editor, accessing various parts of your account is now much easier and quicker. The likes of ad scheduling and bid adjustments can be reached within one click for example.

GP Article 2.png

• It’s now possible to see all of your ad extension types and all levels in one view, along with consolidated reporting.

GP Article 3.png

• Typing ? will bring up a list of shortcuts to help speed up your workflow further.

GP Article 4.png

Powerful Reporting

• The Overview page provides visual insights to assist in identifying trends across your account. The metrics in these cards can also be edited and organized to help you make better decisions.

GP Article 5.png

• Hovering over some graphs, such as the ad schedule for example, will allow you quickly review performance statistics.

GP Article 6.png

• Predefined reports (formerly known as Dimensions) now offers the ability to view statistics as standard tables, or to customize the metrics and visuals to see the data most relevant to your business goals.

pasted image 0.png

These are to name just a very few of the awesome features that you can expect to see in the new AdWords experience. As always, exploring the interface for yourself will be an excellent way to quickly familiarize yourself with the changes, yet I also recommend checking out Google's official checklist for working efficiently in the new AdWords.

If you already have access to the new AdWords experience then I’d be interested to hear about your feedback and learn which features you have been enjoying most of all!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

I like it so far. It is much better when you access it through a mobile device :-)

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Which mobile device have you been using @MikeJohnston? I'm just curious with regards to screen size.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

IPhonr 6S+ Is my phone 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

i'm currently studying for the certifications, will this change have any effects on the material i'm studying?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@b1tc0de, it shouldn't do if you are planning to take your exams before the end of the year.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for taking time to answer, love the post, the "heat map" on the performance statistics is very helpful feature