Partners
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Tag Assistant - Enabled but not working

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just installed Google Tag Assistant, is enabled, but not functioning.

I can't click on Done, More Options.

Any advice would be great.

Capture.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sean A,

Please log out of your account, clear your web browser's cache and then log back in and give Tag Assistant a go. It should work at this point. If not, take a look at your browser extensions and make sure there are no unknown ones... or any like Adblock, UBlock, etc., as these are known to create odd bugs with Google products. 

Please let us know what you discover. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am having the same issue as well. I have cleared my cache and logged out. Any ideas why this is not working? Thanks 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jemma A,

What version of Google Chrome are you using? And do you have any browser extensions?

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by James_Clemens (Top Contributor)
August

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have been having this problem for months now and just figured it out and it is really weird!  Move the browser to your smaller screen if you are using a laptop.  I run a minimum of 4 chrome profiles during the day and was getting frustrated with it not working.  Then my boss started having the same problem and unplugged his second screen and it started working!  So I just move browser I want to run tag assistant on and it will load!  Note, both my boss and I are both using HP Spectres and Acer Monitors.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did what you said. AND IT WORKED.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Was having the same issue. I am using a Dell Latitude with 2 additional monitors (both ViewSonic). Had the issue when trying to use the Tag Assistant on one of the additional screens. Moved to my laptop screen and it works just fine. Annoying but a fix nonetheless.

EDIT: I made one of the additional monitors my main screen in the Display settings and am no longer having the issue! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This worked for me too.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This helped a lot. Strange though.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wow thank you. I run 3 monitors and tag assistant was working when I first installed the extension. I could not figure out why it would work some days vs other days. When I move chrome back to my main computer monitor (not extended monitors) it works just fine. Very odd, but thank you for solving the issue!