Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Several questions about someone granting access to my manager account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I'm new to using an Adwords Manager account. Previously, I managed the accounts of several clients after they added me as an admin on their Adwords accounts. I've just begun the process of getting access to all my clients' accounts through a manager account. In fact, I just had someone grant me access and have several questions:

1. Why can't I see past performance?

2. The company used regular Adwords and not Adwords Express. However, when I click the name of the account on the Accounts page, it leads me to a setup form for Adwords Express. If I click the account name, isn't it supposed to take me to the account's campaigns, among other things?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Several questions about someone granting access to my manager account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Phillip K, welcome to the Google Partners community... and stepping up to the manager account for Adwords (previously called MCC - My Client Center). It is a great resource and soon you will wonder how you ever handled multiple Adwords accounts without it. 

This is the full help system by Google, which will be a great resource to have in the future. 

1) You should be able to see the past performance, as I always can when importing a client's Adwords account. Have you set the date range correctly? In the upper right corner is a drop down menu where you select the range of dates to view. 

2) When you click on the account name, it should take you to that specific Adwords account. It sounds as if you are clicking on Accounts/Performance/New Adwords Express. I would log out of the Adwords Manager, clear your cache (web browser history) and then log back in. Ideally, use Google Chrome and make sure it is updated. If you logged into the Adwords Express system before adding an existing account to Adwords Manager, the site's cookie is present in your browser and causing a redirect loop to occur (actually fairly common).

I have seen odd glitches when first setting up the Manager accounts, and you could simply be experiencing one.  

You can always call support at: 1-866-2GOOGLE from EST, Monday–Friday if the issue is not resolved by the steps I outlined (by Monday morning). I really think you will be fixed by following my steps outlined in the #2 answer of this post. If it does not help, Google support will need to adjust/reset your Manager account and I would suggest a phone call first thing Monday morning.

Hope you have a great weekend and be Google great! 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Phillip K
May 2016

Re: Several questions about someone granting access to my manager account

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Phillip K

I've come across some weird express situations similar to what you're explaining.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/AdWords-Account-Issues/Client-s-account-doesn-t-show-campa...

Take a look at my suggestion in the above thread and see if it helps.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’