Partners
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Saying goodbye to “Converted clicks”

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Towards the end of last month we were informed that the conversion metric, “Converted clicks”, will no longer be supported past September 2016. The “Conversions” column is what all advertisers will be shifting to (if they haven’t done so already) thanks to its ability to measure the behaviour of multiple conversion events and mobile based actions; something that the outdated “Converted clicks” column cannot.

So what does this mean if you or your clients are currently using “Converted clicks”? Well, it depends. If you use a conversion-based automated bid strategy with “Converted clicks” as your bid metric, you’ll need to prepare your account to minimise sudden changes to your bidding. Thankfully, a migration tool has been put in place to simplify the process. Simply click on the Tools area of your AdWords account and then select Conversions from the drop-down menu. In the upper right corner of the interface you should see a box that reads: “Converted clicks is going away”, clicking on this will take you to a screen which explains the changes the tool will apply to your account and how it will affect your data. If you don’t see this box then don’t worry, it just means that you need to make any changes to your account. If you would rather apply changes to your account manually rather than use the tool, then I’d suggest following the instructions outlined in this help article.

In addition to this, if you use “Converted clicks” for your reporting then it’s recommended to download your reports as you’ll no longer be able to see this data in AdWords once “Converted clicks” have been removed.

Let me know if you have any questions about the migration and I’ll try my best to answer them for you!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
1 Expert replyverified_user