Partners
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Question: Remarketing Cookies

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Can someone explain this to me?  So, I have a client that was seeing his remarketing ads.  He cleared his cache and cookies AND tried a private/incognito browser and still sees his remarketing ads.  How is this possible?  Thanks!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Question: Remarketing Cookies

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Are you sure that it's a remarketing ad? If you have specific ads for remarketing only, and the client sends you a screen shot showing that specific ad, then - Can you identify that specific ad, and adgroup? Are you using any Google smart lists, or is "Let AdWords automatically find new customers" enabled in the targeting settings?

Sometimes it's not even your/their ad. Third parties, DKI ads, like domains, etc., can make it seem to a client like it's their ad. Always ask for a screen shot so you know what they are actually seeing. Smiley Happy

Tom

Re: Question: Remarketing Cookies

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I did receive a screenshot and it was one of our ads. We are only running display on remarketing and no other display ads. So, it would have to be from remarketing. I get why it would show on Amazon (or wherever), but why would it continue to show after the cookies and cache are cleared?