Partners
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Problems adding accounts to my MCC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all.

We are a BI company and we developed an application to query data via the Adwords API. The application was approved, we have the developer token and are extracting data.

To be able to extract the data from our client’s accounts we need to have their accounts inside our MCC, which is the account with the token and approved application.

To add the accounts we are following the normal procedure. On the main screen we are selecting ACCOUNT -> Link Existing Accounts -> Entering the account ID of our customers.

In some cases, there is no problem. Our customers receive the notification and in pending invitation they grant our access.

We have successfully added "simples" and managers accounts without problems using this method.

However, for some accounts, we receiving the following message: (this may not the exactly message from Google, because I translate it from my language to English).

The ID is an administrator account that already has an administrator.

These accounts are linked to the maximum number of administrators. To send a link request, the account owner must unlink an administrator.

The strange thing in this process is that we already have asked for our customers to check the numbers of administrators and they replied “there is no an additional administrator registered in our account, only the “owner” email account itself.

So, how have they reached the maximum number of administrators?

Clearly this error only occurs in accounts that are MCC accounts with regular accounts inside it, but we already successfully included other MCC accounts inside our MCC account, so I conclude that it is possible to do it, but why it does not work for all IDs or MCCs?

Has anyone seen this before?

Thank you so much.

Gabriel

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems adding accounts to my MCC

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The issue is not with the number of Administrators but the number of client managers that are attached to the account. An AdWords account is only allowed to have a maximum number of five client managers. In other words it can only be linked to 5 MCC accounts.