6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Maximum account limits for manager accounts (MCC) - Oct 15, 2017 Change

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Upcoming changes to maximum account limits for manager accounts

On October 15, 2017, new maximum account limits -- the maximum number of active, non-manager accounts your manager account can be linked to at any given time -- will be introduced for manager accounts. 

How maximum account limits will be determined

There will be a regular review of your managed accounts’ total monthly spend from over the last 12 months -- in other words, how much all your accounts together spent each month over the last 12 months. The highest total monthly spend from those 12 months will determine the maximum account limit for your manager account, as shown in the table below:

Highest total monthly spend from the last 12 months Maximum account limit  

Less than $10,000 50
$10,000 to less than $500,000 2,500
Greater than $500,000

Reviews will happen regularly to help ensure that the latest spend totals is taken into account. Keep in mind:

• Only top manager accounts (manager accounts that don’t have a direct manager above it) have this maximum account limit. 
  • All active accounts directly linked to the top manager, as well as those indirectly linked to the top manager via sub-manager accounts, count toward the maximum account limit. Canceled accounts and sub-manager accounts linked to the top manager do not count toward the maximum account limit.

How existing manager accounts will be impacted

After the first review, if your current number of accounts exceeds your maximum account limit, you’ll be able to keep those accounts. However, you won’t be able to link additional accounts, or create new accounts, until you unlink or cancel the number of accounts required to bring your total number of accounts under the maximum account limit. For example, if you’re currently over your maximum account limit by 4 accounts, you won’t be able to link or create additional managed accounts until you unlink or cancel at least 4 accounts.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how is this even possible, doesnt seem fair for people who are trying to get their partner badge 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for this update @James_Clemens.

John

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Surface M,

Thanks for your feedback. I can see where any limit would seem, well, limiting.

Personally, I earned my agency Google Partners badge with less than ten accounts. Fifty would have been plenty and fair to me.

50 X 200 = $10,000... and to me, it would be more hard to mange 50 accounts that were only spending $200 monthly on AdWords. 

While I understand that each of us are unique in how we do things, I still feel that all of the limits presented are generous and fair. 

Kind Regards,

James 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi John A,

You are very welcome. I hope the journey finds you well.

Cheers,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thanks for your reply.

how do i overcome this?

can i unlink the ones im not using and then continue using my current mcc

or do i have to start a new mcc?

many thanks

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Surface M,

You are very welcome.

You can link a AdWords Manager Account (old name: My Client Center/MCC) to another AdWords Manager Account, which would resolve your concern. Some agencies have one Manager for each team working on them, which also isolates who has access to them. Or you could move lesser used accounts to one Manager or arrange your accounts in various ways like that. Please use this information to be happily surprised. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, keep in mind that the limit will only prevent you from adding new accounts.  If you are over the limit for your spend level, you will not be required to delete accounts to get under the level.  You will just be prevented from adding new accounts until you are under the limit.

But, definitely, if you are at, above, or near your limit and there are accounts that you no longer manage, you should go ahead and unlink them, so that you can continue adding new accounts as you add new business.

This is a best practice anyway because any accounts in your MCC -- whether you actively manage them or not -- still count toward your Best Practices score and therefore your Partner Status.