AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Tag Assistant - Chrome Plugin - Mouse Clicks not working

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Installed Google Tag Assistant and when I click on the extension, the popup to view results/change settings is shown. But every time I try to click on something (view more info, change settings, etc...), the mouse click is not working. If I try to highlight text, it seems that I have to situate the mouse ~3 line spaces above the area to highlight. It seems like the mouse co-ordinates are off which makes it impossible to change settings/view information from Google Tag Assistant on Windows 10 Pro / Chrome 54.0.2840.71 m ....

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @chuck m,

Do you have any browser extensions installed? If so, please try to disable them and see what happens. Also, do you have the view/font zoomed in? Try to reset to 100% and then try again. 

Further, have you tried opening a new tab or window, without a website, and clicking on Tag Assistant and seeing if you can open it and click on the gear icon okay... or does it behave the same way (with problems)?

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have exactly the same problem, when i open the tag assistant my mouse is not detected where the pointer show it should. So if i click it does nothing.

I tried to reinstall the extention, then chrome, the problem is still here.

And i have no other extention than this one installed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Get same problem, Windows10 Home, Chrome  59.0.3071.115 (64-bit)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem

Tried to disable all other ext, clear history,  reset to 100%, opening a new tab/window 

Didn't work

I also tried to click on the gear icon- didn't work 

Windows10 

Chrome Version 59.0.3071.115 (64-bit)

Any solution to this? 

Thanks! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem as all of these people. Is this a known issue? Has anyone found a solution yet?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi,

There has been some detected issues with 1) two monitors or 2) screen resolutions or 3) zoom features that are used. If you are using two screens, try dragging GTA to the smaller of the two. Or try to reset the browser zoom to 100% or adjust the screen resolution down. We have been able to only narrow issues to one of these three, to which we resolve with this help. The issue is with the device, not with GTA, and is very isolated.  

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was facing the same problem - clicks not working. Dragging the Chrome window to the smaller screen worked just fine for me.

Thanks!