Partners
2K members online now
2K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Display Image Ad Specs

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I'm asked often for the specs for image ads, so here's a quick link - Image Ad Specs.  We all know the best practices of image ads - Clear message and call to action, don't overcrowd the image, eye catching, etc.

But, do you have favorite sizes?  I honestly don't think that I do.  Across my accounts it seems to be almost a random pattern of which ad sizes perform the best.  Do you have a "go to" when it comes to which sizes you have created?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Display Image Ad Specs

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
My go to is "all sizes," when creating in ad gallery.

If a designer is working on ads, we usually review best performing sizes on the account and launch those first, then create additional ones and launch those later. It is a consideration sometimes when a larger graphic is used as a basis of a campaign throughout website imagery and LPs and ads. Leaderboards of all sizes (including the tiny mobile one), and 350 x 200, 250 x 250, 200 x 200 are usually a must.

Julia Muller,
AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Display Image Ad Specs

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
For me, it all depends on the vertical. For example, if the client is in the hotel business, I would recommend the skyscraper and other specs that are taller than they are wide. Tall buildings are excellent fit for these specs.

But if I had to choose a default, I would go with 250x250 and 300x250. There's something about the balance that make me like them Smiley Happy