AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Partners
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

China Ads

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I wasn't 100% sure if Adwords was "allowed" in China.  On a whim, I attempted to add it to geo-targeting and it *is* there.  But, the population is only around 2 million.  Who are we *allowed* to target?  Meaning, I know the population is MUCH larger than 2 million - So, who does that include?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: China Ads

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
The estimated AdWords reach for a region isn't the total human population; it's basically how many Google users that Google thinks are in the region, based mostly on counting user cookies.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722045?hl=en-AU

China's national firewall makes it difficult to get an accurate count, because they block a lot of cookies.

AdWords can be seen in China, sometimes.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Thank you for answering. I guess what I was wondering was who would those lucky 2 million be? Would it be universities and government? Or would we just not know? How would they get to the unlocked Internet?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
It's mostly likely those with unlocked phones. My father travels to China frequently for work and he uses google search on his phone. It's not censor. I'm hoping Google expands back into China. Would be a great market to run PPC in... especially in the beginning. Baidu advertising has all kinds of restrictions.