Partners
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
AdWords, ad groups, and campaigns. The heart of AdWords campaign management.
Guide Me
star_border

Best Practices Guide for Gmail Ads

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Gmail Ads have been around for a few years now, though it’s one of the features that not all agencies and advertisers have tried. Considering that Gmail reaches over 1 billion users around the globe, you can see why Gmail Ads are worth giving a go if you haven’t done so already!

To help new and existing Gmail Ads users alike, Google has put together a quick best practices guide to get the most from this awesome feature. The guide includes tips and links to assist in achieving the following:

• Showing your Gmail ads to the right people.
  • Enticing people to click on your collapsed ads.
  • Designing an expanded ad that converts.
  • Optimizing your Gmail ads for success.

I personally like the advice to “front-end your most important call-to-actions or promotions… on average, only the first 40-45 characters of your description will appear on mobile Gmail ads”; a fact well worth knowing when it comes to creating your Gmail Ads copy. Examples like this one can help you get even more from your AdWords endeavors.

If you haven’t started with Gmail Ads yet, I highly recommend checking out this article first, otherwise jump straight into the best practices guide here!

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I think it has a place in many marketing campaigns. Anyone who finds an email list to be useful would probably have room for Gmail ads. I like them being targeted to keywords within the prospects' inbox so while they are reading a related email the ad is slipped in so they can take action.

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

We have been seeing great results with GSP and I'm really likeing the ability to leverage video in ads now too!